Today was my pampering day so we didn’t leave the house, but we did a few things to save money:
1. I used olive oil as a conditioner for my hair and also for my monthly skin treatment. I talked about that in this post. It only takes a little to take care of both, and is a frugal way to keep my dry hair and skin moisturized in the summer.
2. Sonny and I enjoyed most of the day with no television or lights. He drew and read his books most of the day, while mama read a few magazines.
3. Sonny did all of his drawing and coloring on newspaper today. We do this every week, since I accumulate a paper every sunday. I also let him eat his lunch over the newspaper on these days, so if there is a mess, I can just pick up the paper and lay more out.
4. Tonight’s dinner was leftovers. It was just too nice to make anything today.
5. I managed to put together a few envelopes of coupons for a few online buddies that needed specific ones.
6. Today’s mail included another free issue of woman’s day. I had just finished the prior issue right before I checked the mail, so that was cool :o)