It’s been so hard to get ready for this dang move! Since I had to be gone for almost a week, it really put me behind on all of my plans. I have been doing things slow and steady this week and I’m just hoping that we will be ready to move by the end of next week!
1. I called the cable company and electric company to have everything transferred to the new address on our move in date. I also reserved our Uhaul package for the 26th. Had to sweet talk the representative at the cable company into giving us a saturday appointment, but it all worked out.
2. I packed up all of our VHS tapes and plan on mailing them off to ACT. I talked about the organization in this post. This gives us an excuse to get these movies in DVD. Ha!
3. Hubby got lots and lots of free boxes from work that we’re using to pack everything up.
4. I looked through my books again and found a few that I wanted to sell off to Cash4books. They only ended up taking 2 of them, but 4 dollars is still 4 dollars! Since they pay for shipping and I already had a mailing envelope here, I see it as pure profit. The rest of the books will be taken to the book mobile that comes every week in our current complex.
5. The stockpile is so small! We are down to 2 rolls of TP, 3 rolls of PT, 6 bottles of wash, 3 packs of “feminine” stuff, etc. I also found a large tupperware that I thought was full out on the patio. All of my stockpile, food and HBA items, should fit in it(it’s really big). Whatever does not fit, will be re-evaluated and if need be, I’ll do one last karma box for our current complex.
6. I haven’t been to CVS or Walgreens in two weeks. I figured that as long as my rewards aren’t going to expire soon, I should be OK. I do plan on picking it back up once we are moved and I can focus on going hard-core on deals.
7. Another reason I stepped back from CVS is because i’m going to start a new card for them under the new address. I haven’t been getting good CRTs for a while, so starting the new cards should make up for that. I’ll keep the old cards in case there is a really good deal and I need to stock up like crazy, but I plan on using the new cards most often. I’m even gonna make Hubby fill out for a card too :o)
8. We are enlisting my sister and my cousin to help us move the little things that Saturday. My sister is allergic to cats, so her main job will be to stay at the new place, wait for the cable guy to come and entertain the kiddo in his new room. My cousin will help with the “heavy lifting” of the boxes and (if she gets her license on time) driving one of our cars to the new place. Unfortunately, we do have to pay for movers. We tried to move our new couch in here and it took us half a day. We also damaged it a bit in the process. Plus, our bed is huge and heavy, so hubby can’t move that by himself. It’s not too much money and we’re only gonna need them for 2 hours or so.
9. To pay back my sister and cousin, we’re gonna take them out to TGI Fridays with my gift card I got from Mypoints. I also have free movie ticket vouchers, so we may take them to a movie too. It all depends on how fast we can get everything in the new house.
10. Hubby has some studio equipment he doesn’t want to move to the new place, so he will be putting up for sale on craigslist this weekend. I also have some MREs that I got from down at the base that I want to sell. They go for around 30 dollars a pop on ebay, so I’m wondering how much they will go for on craigslist. Since I got them free, it will be all profit anyway.
11. All of our extra bed linens have been washed and put away. I have one box with linens for every bed and towels for each bathroom for us to use right away on saturday so we dont have to dig in boxes to look for them after we are exhausted from moving. I’ll make sure we take care of this before we leave to take the girls out to dinner, so once we get back we can just take our showers and fall into bed.
12. I cleaned out our cooler. All of our freezer items will go in the cooler. All fridge items that we plan on bringing with us will go in reusable bags. They will be going to the new house first and my sister will take care of getting them in the new fridge and freezer.
13. I sold one of our super old camcorders to gazelle.com. They gave me an amazon gift card that I will save for Christmas gifts, or maybe even for my textbooks I need for school starting in November.
14. I went through Sonny’s toys again and gave away lots of baby toys. Once we move to the new place, I don’t want his room to be overrun with toys that he won’t play with. Plus, why move those toys?