Disclosure: Vanguard compensated me for this event. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As parents, we want to provide as much as possible for our children. As frugal parents, it can sometime be difficult to decide what we should be focusing on. While we’re working on decreasing our debt, how do we ensure the stability of our children’s education? I’ve written about college savings before, and how important it is for us to take this part of parenting seriously. Vanguard, the investment management company, does an excellent job of guiding parents down the right path towards saving for college without the headache. I’m excited to announce that Vanguard and I will be having a Twitter chat this coming Wednesday to help parents maneuver the many steps of college saving. Here are the details:
- Who: Special guests from the Vanguard Group, me and you!
- What: A twitter chat about saving for college.
- When: Wednesday, May 21st 7pm, Eastern Time.
- Where: On Twitter under the hashtag #VGSave4College.
- Why: It’s so important to save for college, whether you’ve got an infant, teen, or even kids in college! We’ll talk about everything from scholarships, college savings options, to how to manage saving for college and retirement at the same time. Vanguard’s experts are eager to join the conversation.
- Prizes: One participant in the chat will receive a free session with a financial planner from Vanguard! In order to be eligible to win, be sure to use #VGSave4College during the event.
If you’re interesting in jump-starting your college savings, you need to be at this chat. I’ve learned so much from the Vanguard experts so far, and I can’t wait for you to learn just as much or even more. See you Wednesday night!