I used JOHNSON’S® for my little one and for myself as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #johnsonspartners #SoMuchMore
My kids, especially the baby, don’t do well with time changes. Daylight savings time causes a bit of drama in our home, so we have to prepare for it well ahead of time. From reviewing schedules, to explaining the change, and even going to bed a little earlier, daylight savings time can be conquered. When it comes to Baby Frugal, we have a game plan, and it’s pretty easy for anyone to duplicate. I promise! Let me show you how we prep baby for Daylight Savings, and use our favorite JOHNSON’S® baby BEDTIME® bath products to rock it.
Write Down Your Routine
This may seem like a odd thing to do, but writing down baby’s schedule for the day will help you keep your bedtime routine tight and prep baby for Daylight Savings. Why the whole day? Because you need to see when naps happen, when meals and snacks are given, and when baby is awake and ready to play. Once Daylight Savings happens, these will all shift. If you have the schedule written down, you’ll be able to anticipate the moods of your little one, and encourage them to get back into the routine they are used to, but at the new time. Baby Frugal is fine with a change in time for his snacks, as long as I keep the ROUTINE the same. Writing it down makes sure that I don’t mess up his flow.
Get The Family Involved
The Daylight Savings grumpiness can happen with all family members, including baby, but there is power in numbers! Sit down with the whole family a few days before the time change, and come up with a game plan for baby. This would be a good time to show family members the schedule you wrote above, so they can help you stay accountable. Older siblings thrive during these times, especially if they can help keep a routine for their baby brother or sister. Let family members know that if we follow this game plan, and keep baby happy, life will be so much easier over the next few weeks.
Use the JOHNSON’S® 3-Step Bedtime Routine
Do you think we’ve used the word “routine” enough yet? The JOHNSON’S® 3-Step Bedtime Routine has been amazing for our little one, and it helped us tremendously during the last Daylight Savings experience.
JOHNSON’S® developed the clinically proven 3-step night time routine to help your 7-to-36-month-old child sleep better and longer.
- Step 1: Warm bath with JOHNSON’S® baby BEDTIME® bath or JOHNSON’S® baby BEDTIME® bubble bath and wash. Baby Frugal loves bath time, and knows that this is the first part of his bedtime routine.
- Step 2: Lotion massage with JOHNSON’S® baby BEDTIME® lotion. Now that Baby Frugal is walking, I focus on massaging his little legs and feet. I can immediately see him relax, when I do.
- Step 3: Quiet time. With 2 older siblings and a gregarious Dad running around, quiet time for Baby Frugal can be tricky. But, there is an half hour at night when we have quieter moments in our home. This is when we read to Baby Frugal, snuggle with him on the couch while he holds his Yoda plush, or let him play with Mama’s hair or Daddy’s hands. The one-on-one time with his parents singles to him that it’s almost time to go to sleep.
JOHNSON’S® 3-Step Routine is clinically proven to help your baby fall asleep up to 30% faster and be 58% less likely to wake up during the night. We’ve skipped the routine once or twice in the past 13 months, and we saw a BIG difference in Baby Frugal’s sleep cycle. We’ve decided to never skip the JOHNSON’S® 3-Step Routine ever again.
- Track your baby’s sleep
- Learn your baby’s sleep score
- Have your sleep questions answered by experts
- Tailor a routine
- Create your own mix of ambient sounds
How cool is that?