well, well, look who hit 20,000 hits in just 3 months! 4 Hats and Frugal has been tracking hits since July and we finally hit 20,000 and I can’t be more excited. I wish I would have thought to put a tracker in when I started the blog, but once I decided to dedicate more time to 4 hats, it really made more sense to do it then. July was a turning point and I realized that I had fallen in love with blogging. I can’t wait to see what else will transpire before the new year and my blogiversary!
Also, I know that a few of you have tagged me for that “random things about me” list and I had been avoiding it until now. Yes, I admit it, I have. I knew that the 20,000 hits were coming so I decided to wait until then to do it and list 20, yes 20, random things about me that you all might not know. Since I didn’t know about the blog tradition of posting 100 things about yourself on your 100th post, i’ll make up for it with this list. Let the crazy begin!
1. I have a sister and she is 14 years younger than me
2. I was a hair model for 5 years straight and still do it on and off now
3. Every 2 weeks, I have an aversion to eggs and bananas. The smell or sight of them make me want to vomit for about 14 days
4. I used to be a horrible cook! I mean, really bad. One time I made Hubby a turkey bacon sandwich in the microwave. Yuck!
5. My favorite meal when I was younger was rice and gravy. My grandmother would let me eat it all day if I wanted.
6. Still to this day, my grandmother is the biggest influence in my life. She’s been gone 12 years, but I still feel her around, especially when I’m cooking.
7. I’m left-handed but play sports with my right hand
8. I was MVP of my lacrosse team and also played soccer and field hockey
9. My freshman year, I was the school mascot
10. The next year, I became a cheerleader :o)
11. I live and breathe for crab legs. They are my weakness
12. I have a really big shoe addiction. No, seriously. I use to own 50 pair, and that was after I had already given some away
13. I have problems finishing books, especially if I like it. I never want it to end so I put off reading the second half
14. At the age of 10, I decided that I wanted to become a corporate lawyer. I think it was from watching too much LA Law. I was a pre-law major until I returned from military training.
15. I am obsessed with vampire movies and tv shows
16. I am the oldest of 14 cousins on my mother’s side. Being responsible for them all has helped me realize my love of children and teaching
17. I love roller coasters and heights but am terrified of spiders.
18. I was raised by over-protective parents so I was a bit of a “closet” bad seed. They still don’t know half of the things I used to do :oP
19. My first and middle name combined means “princess of light” in Arabic
20. I love to watch any and every kind of movie and I tend to surprise people with my extensive knowledge of old or very obscure movies.