Tidy up Tuesday- Have you started fall cleaning?

Sharing is caring!

Yes, you read right. I know, I know….spring cleaning was just done! Why clean for Autumn? Well, because you need too! Besides pulling out the fall and winter clothes, that house needs a thorough look-see after the dog days of summer. But, here’s the kicker: it won’t take as long as you think.

Remember the many things you had to do for spring cleaning? Those wonderful lists that you followed to make sure everything was completed? That wonderful series(like mine hehe) you followed every week to help keep you on track? Well, re-visit the information. Decide what can be done for fall and what is strictly for spring. Is there anything on the list that is the opposite of what you would do for autumn? Instead of taking the plastic shields OFF of the windows, put them back on! See? Simple!

Now, once you go through your spring cleaning lists, you will see lots of items that are just not necessary, but a few important ones that really should be done every six months. Cleaning the floors, organizing the closets and maintaining the cleanliness of your furniture are just a few that are conducive to a well-running household.

I plan on re-reading my spring cleaning series(located under my labels on the right) and seeing what is necessary to do now and what would only be good for spring. By following the set up I put together in the spring cleaning series, our home should be all cleaned up before Thanksgiving, and better yet, before we move in November.

Good luck, have fun, and keep it tidy!

Anything special you all do for autumn cleaning that you don’t do for spring cleaning? Any tips for me or other readers?

About Amiyrah

My name is Amiyrah and I'm an an African American fashion & lifestyle blogger based in Ohio.

Plan Your Year Now!

TRENDING

11 Comments

1. 10.7.08
    Katy said:

Amiyrah – great post! Reminding ourselves of cleaning for fall NOW will ease the stress of feeling like you need to get the whole house cleaned, while cooking, shopping, etc. for the holidays. I will definitely be re-visiting your Spring Schedule….because just between you & me…..I didn’t get it all done in Spring. 🙂
    Thanks for the great reminder!

2. 10.7.08
    frugalsuz said:

Amiyrah,
    I’m definitely paying attention to your upcoming posts about fall cleaning. My apartment could use a little TLC! I’m trying to think if I really did a spring clean. I guess if I have to think about it, hmm, well, there’s your answer! lol

3. 10.7.08
    Jenny said:

Did you read my mind by any chance? This is what I’ll be doing this week as my apartment can definitely use some major cleaning. One thing I didn’t have to do in spring as I do now – make sure that all my winter clothes and coats are ready and get new pair of boots (mine fell apart in early spring). And I have to prepare my balcony and clear out my home garden and prep them for next year. So much to do!

4. 10.7.08
    JennysMom said:

Any tips for you and other readers on this blog, Amiyrah? Is that your question, girl? Here’s my tip: ROCK ON! DHUNNY ROCK ON!
    Yep, John Lennon was right: All you need is love. Love is all you need.
    Um, have I told you lately, that I do, indeed, love you, Amiyrah? Hope I just did!

5. 10.7.08
    Precious said:

Amiyrah,

I have been doing mine for about 10days now. I do everything including closets and drawers! I wash all the walls and windows and everything gets cleaned top to bottom. I should be done by Oct 18th! Then I can concentrate on my son coming to visit and then the Holidays. Happy Cleaning!

6. 10.7.08
    Angela said:

Great tips Amiyrah. I will now refer to you as my cleaning Yoda.
    Everyone loves Yoda.

7. 10.7.08
    Amiyrah said:

wow ladies! I go off to clean for a couple of hours and come back to 6 comments! I’m so glad that you all are on board. I think sometimes we forget to clean in the fall and in turn, our spring cleaning seems so over-whelming.

8. 10.8.08
    Anonymous said:

Make sure, if you have old windows, that there’s no gaps. Get them sealed up up before you have to turn your heat on. Might save some $$.

9. 10.8.08
    Maria said:

Well I know I never did spring cleaning because I was still in the process of moving in. But when I was growing up we had Fall Cleaning. We did it all in one weekend and my brother and I would flip a coin to see who got stuck inside with Mom and who got to do the outside stuff with Dad. Took me three years to realize my brother was using a weighted coin. I see Fall Cleaning as just as important as Spring Cleaning because who wants to be stuck inside all winter in a dirty house?

10. 10.11.08
    bcaj said:

I just printed your spring cleaning posts so I can begin the fall cleaning. The bulk of my home sewing (business) is done so hopefully there will be time to clean. I’m hoping that being able to refer to your posts will keep me focussed (whenever I can walk away from the Pound). Grandmaleda

11. 10.13.08
    nidena said:

I did this all weekend…off and on. Thursday night I cleaned the office. A lot of my coupon stuff had migrated downstairs cause the office was a mess. Now it’s not and the coupon stuff is slowly making its way upstairs. I still have to cut a few inserts but I’ll save that for Monday. Today was all about laundry–four loads and it’s just me here. I also did the change of season clothing swapover and purged my closet of everything that I hadn’t worn all summer or I had worn only once. I managed to fill up two large Vicky’s bags with clothes for a friend to go through. After that, the bags’ll be going to the goodwill.
    Thanks for the suggestion. It took a couple days to simmer but simmer it did. 🙂
    Nichole