I decided that with all the wonderful, FREE, subscriptions I get to great magazines, I should share the best frugal tips and blurbs from them. Also, this will give me a place to reference back for my favorite tips without keeping loads of magazine pages on file somewhere. Every month I’ll do this rundown, and hopefully you all can learn something too!
I knew I love Miley Cyrus! Amongst many items in her purse, my favorite was the coupon for a free dessert from Cheesecake Factory!
From Food Network Magazine:
Make a 34 cent cappucino at home, and save 70 dollars a month! Here are the steps…
1. Fill a mug halfway with skim milk and heat on high in the microwave until hot, about 45 to 60 seconds.
2. Place a whisk inside the mug and, with the handle between your palms, spin the whisk back and forth to froth the milk.
3. Add home-brewed coffee or espesso to the frothed milk—easy!
From Woman’s Day:
The best way to recycle those old VHS tapes is to mail them to Alternative Community Training, a nonprofit Missouri company that provides jobs to people with disabilities. Send the tapes via USPS media mail to:
Columbia, MO 65202
The best way to clean pet hair off the sofa is to put on a latex glove, and rub it over the area. The hair will come right up!
Instead of using dryer sheets, use a ball of aluminum foil. It won’t soften the clothes, but it will get rid of static cling.
Three great things to with AP flour:
1. Clean playing cards. Put them in a plastic bag with half cup of flour and shake for a minute. Take the cards out and shuffle over the sink to get rid of the excess flour.
2. Mix up some glue. Use one part flour with three parts water. Boil and continue stirring until it becomes a paste. You can store it in the fridge.
3. Make clay! Knead together 1 cup water, 3 cups flour and 1 tablespoon veggie oil. Add food color. To store it, slightly moisten it, wrap in plastic, and put in fridge.