1. decided to dedicate the day to taking care of my coupons. Since there are 4 VERY GOOD inserts coming out this Sunday, I had to make room for those in my binder. I clipped all of my February inserts that I had left, and one of my march inserts. Out of the coupons that were still valid, I sent some off to online friends and filed the rest.
2. I sent off another rebate.
3. It was taking me too long to find the rotisserie crockpot chicken recipe online, so I decided to just turn it into BBQ crockpot chicken. I added black pepper and lemon juice to a cup of BBQ sauce, and basted the chicken before I turned it on high in the crockpot. I’m glad I did! It was yummy and made the house smell like summer :o)
4. When I was going through my coupons, I noticed that one of my RRs for Walgreens was going to expire today. I ran out and got a bottle of extra virgin olive oil and a bag of sour gummy worms. Olive oil is on my list of things I needed this month, so now I can scratch that off my list. The gummy worms are a treat for me to have this weekend down at the base. My total was .23 after my RR, which I paid for with my gift card, so zero OOP!
5. After my shower today, I cleaned the tub and walls with a bath buddy. I just ran the shower all over the walls and tub to get rid of the soap and ta-da! Instantly clean tub using a stockpile item!
6. Packed up the leftovers from tonight’s dinner for DH’s lunch, plus some homemade applesauce, a yogurt cup, a granola bar and 2 packets of oatmeal. I’m also putting in the last of the macaroni and cheese from monday since Hubby is working overtime tomorrow and will need to eat one more time before he gets home for a late dinner.
7. I waited until off-peak hours to turn on the dish washer, charge my phone and charge my laptop.
8. I signed up for mint.com and inputted all of our budgetary information. I’m hoping that this will help me keep my sanity with doing all of the bills and allotting what money goes where. I’ve been doing a good job but have also been stressing quite a bit about it.