1. Finally got out to some of my grocery stores today. I had a great trip at A&P. After sales and coupons, I got 62.76 worth of groceries for 12.78, AND I got back 15.00 in catalinas, so the whole trip was a money maker!
2. I went to my second grocery store, Stop and Shop, and the one item I went to cherry pick was not the price they had advertised. Instead of making the whole trip a bust, I scoped the aisles for items that I know we need to see what prices were there. They have the pace salsa available there, and I saw 3 packets of short ribs that have a sell by date of the 21st. I plan on going back tomorrow to see if they marked the meat down, and to get a free bottle of salsa. The short ribs were 1.99 a pound, which actually isn’t a bad price for short ribs, but I would love to pay lower :o).
3. Our apartment has been very very cold lately(which makes sense why I’m still sick), I decided to close the doors to our bedroom and the bathroom to see if one of those rooms are the culprit for the whole apartment being so cold. I also opened the blinds in all the rooms but kept the windows closed. After this experiment, I found out that our bedroom stays very cold, no matter what. That’s great for weather in August, but not now when highs are in the 60s and 70s. It would be silly to go get a heater now, but until I am better, I can’t sleep in a cold room. Looks like I will be sleeping in the living room for the next few days.
4. I put together my coupons for tomorrow’s trip to Shop Rite. This is where I’m going to get the bulk of my groceries this week, since we are out of a lot of things. Their prices are cheaper than the other grocery stores in the area.
5. I waited until after 9pm to turn on the dishwasher, bake my artisan bread and the lemon yogurt cake. Hubby needs bread for his tuna sandwich tomorrow, and since I am a night owl and just discovered what my off-peak times are, I can bake the bread, cool and slice it, and finish filling Hubby’s lunch bag before I hit the sack.
6. I got a 2.99 check from aquafresh in the mail today.
7. After American Idol, I decided to read my parents magazine while my goodies were in the oven.