Boy was it a busy day! I didn’t get online until after 10pm tonight!
1. I went shopping today. I went to stop and shop to see if the short ribs were marked down, but someone snagged them. BUT, I did find a family pack of large lamb chops on managers special. After the sale and discount, I got them for 2.48 a pound! That’s a ridiculously good price for lamb around here. I also grabbed 2 packs of hebrew national hot dogs. They were BOGO this week, so after the 2 1.00/1 coupons I used, they were 1.64 each. We only like kosher dogs here, so this was a good deal for us.
2. I also went to Shop Rite and got a lot of items that we needed in the house: bread flour, sugar, juice, etc. I also got a whole watermelon for 3.99, ground beef at 1.69 a pound, 2 bags doritos for .50 each after coupon, and free mustard and BBQ sauce. My favorite deal was the 5 12-packs of pepsi products I got for free! They were on sale 5 for 10.00 and I had 5 2.00 coupons off pepsi products. Score! I also got a 2.00 catalina back for buying 4 bottles of kraft BBQ sauce. I will use that to get another package of ground beef on saturday. I used a 5.00 off 50.00 order coupon as well. My total was 31.41 with a savings of 48.44. Pretty awesome for items I needed.
3. I browned up the ground beef I got today and separated it into 4 freezer bags. I now have 4 bases for quick meals for the summer. I also cut up the watermelon I got so I won’t have to worry about it later.
4. While we were out, I stopped at Walgreens and did the megasaver baby wipe deal: Buy 1 at 2.99 get one free. I also grabbed a package of ramen and used my last 3.00 RR. Total was .28 which I paid for with my walgreens card.
5. I got our electric bill today and it was 60 dollars less than last month!
6. Because I was so busy today, the computer stayed off until after 10pm….off peak time! I also realized that I left my phone charger at the hotel this past weekend, so I’ll have to charge my phone through my computer. So, one less thing to plug into the wall sockets.
7. Finally talked to my Mom about Memorial day, and it looks like I’ll be able to contribute through most of my stockpile items. She was also excited that I was bringing the soda, after I told her about my trip today. Free food on Sunday! Whoo Hoo!
8. Dishwasher was turned on during off peak hours.
9. Turned my inserts from last Sunday into super inserts and filed them away. I’ll clip some older coupons tomorrow.