Yet another slow day. We’re going to keep this week as low-key as possible since our world will be turned upside down next week.
1. It was a bit chilly today, so Sonny and I had oatmeal and cinnamon toast for breakfast. I looked in my stockpile and saw that, not counting the box that’s open, we only have 2 boxes left of oatmeal packets! That’s great! I’m going to put them in the back and save them for the fall. If we have to deal with anymore chilly days this spring, we’ll use a tub of quick oats.
2. In the mail today: a 10.00 TGI Fridays gift card! I ordered it from Mypoints 2 weeks ago and was surprised to see it so early. Also included was a 15.00 FTD rewards card! I’ll use this to send flowers to Hubby’s grandmother on her birthday, since we never know what to get her every year.
3. I read yet another one of my free magazines! They had been piling up, so this weekend when I knew we would be “vegging out” I decided to get a few under my belt. Today, I had an hour of free time, so I read another.
4. Lunch today was leftover pasta salad from the barbecue. I gave Sonny the leftover salmon croquette from dinner last night, since I thought we were going to be eating late today.
5. Hubby came home early from work, so I had to jump into cooking mode pretty much when he got here. We had the leftover beef brisket, chopped fine, and made into a homemade gravy with some of the caramelized onions I still have in the fridge(they last forever!). I made mashed potatoes and candied carrot ribbons to go with it. Great meal for a chilly day!
6. I called the catalina company to let them know that I didn’t get a 5.00 catalina I was supposed to get at Path Mark. They sent out the coupon in today’s mail.
7. I turned the leftover beef and onion gravy into a quick french onion soup for Hubby’s lunch tomorrow. I added some chicken stock, pepper and more caramelized onions. It turned it into enough soup for 2 lunches.
8. The dishwasher was turned on promptly at the start of off peak times, because I still have a sink full of dishes. I’ll put away the ones that are washing right now, and put in the ones that are in the sink. If it’s enough for a full load, then I’ll turn it on,. If not, it will have to wait until tomorrow.