I for the life of me can’t remember what I did yesterday to save money, so i’ll just talk about today.
1. Stopped at the gas station to fill up my truck. Since I saw that the price had increased by .06 a gallon since tuesday, I knew I should get some now before they increase it this evening or tomorrow morning. I waited until I was done doing my errands in a circle, so I could see which stations had the best price. Luckily, the one closest to our house was cheapest, so it was our last stop.
2. Called my Dentist EARLY this morning to have him fill a prescription for my infection and pain. Thanks to Hubby’s insurance through work, my antibiotic and vicodin were only 1.24…all together.
3. Since I couldn’t sleep last night because I was in itchy mode(damn hives…), I got up around 1am and ran to Walgreens. They had lots of Toilet paper on clearance and I wanted to clear out my gift card. I got 8 4pks of angel soft for .04! I also scoped out the glucose meters for next week’s deal and they have them fully stocked behind the pharmacy. I will be at my 24 hour Walgreens at 12:01am to earn my free money!
4. Tonight, we had mac and cheese pizza for dinner. Yum! Instead of making an extra large pizza like I usually do, I split the dough and made 2 medium pizzas, one on a cookie sheet and one in my cast iron skillet. The one made in the cast iron skillet will be cooled, wrapped and frozen for Hubby and Sonny to have pizza night next friday. All Hubby will have to do is place the frozen pizza in the skillet, turn on the burner, and warm the pizza right on the stove. One reason why I love cast iron skillets….constant, even, heat…..even on the stove top!
5. I posted my cooking list for this weekend. This should be more than enough for Hubby and Sonny while I’m gone, and hopefully enough for our sunday and monday night dinners. I’ll be beyond tired so I figure I’ll go all out now, so I can ease back into home life the week after next.
6. I had a few formula checks that I put up for auction on hot coupon world. The winning bid wa 2.00, so more money in my pocket!
7. I started putting together Sonny’s food bag that we’ll take to my parent’s house on Sunday. He has a box of shelf-table milk, toddler cookies, and peanut butter. On Sunday, I’ll make the baked oatmeal, hard boiled eggs and portuguese bread. There is also some homemade applesauce left in the fridge. All of this will be used for Sonny’s breakfast, lunch, and snack time next week.
8. I made my reservation for my hotel room down at my base. I made sure to do it under my priority club membership, so I can use the points for a free room when we go to Ohio later in the year.
9. Tonight, the dishwasher will be turned on during off-peak hours.
10. I finally joined swagbucks today. I don’t know why it took me so long, but hopefully I can start earning some points and get those amazon gift cards. Can anyone teach me the ways of the swaggy bucks? :o)
11. Entertainment for me tonight will be writng posts for next week :o). I gotta get a few done, so you all will have something new to read while I’m doing my 15 hour days.