I didn’t do too much today, but here’s the short list:
1. I roasted a turkey today and also made my apple granola bread at the same time, utilizing the heat while I had it on.
2. I ran back to A&P to get 4 more boxed of free-after-coupon pasta, free-after-coupon tuna pouches and a filler to use the overage on. My total was 27 cents after tax :o)
3. Since it was raining, lights were on during parts of the day, but only in rooms where we were dwelling. For the most part, Sonny Boy and I stayed in the same room all day, and did open the curtains whenever the clouds let up enough to give us natural sunlight.
4. I cleaned out and washed kitty boy’s litter box. This saves me time and money because if it isn’t cleaned every month, he leaves me little “accidents” on my carpet until I “do as I’m told.” If I actually clean it with a drop of dawn, vinegar and warm water once a month, he behaves himself. He also takes his time in the box, leaving less litter all over his area.
5. Got 25.09 in rebates today.
6. Did a little research and confirmed that my off-peak energy hours are from 9pm to 7am. Since I’m a night owl, this is perfect for me. Now I can change a few things around to help lower our energy bill even more.