Here are the few things I did today to save money:
1. I bundled all of my errands into one outing to save on gas and time. I stopped at A&P, walgreens, check cashing, and the bank, while on my way to my mother’s house to drop some things off.
2. At the bank, I deposited my rebate checks
3. Went to the A&P close to my mother’s house and got 2 more boxes of free pasta, one more bottle of free bertolli sauce, free 32oz of silk soy milk, and half gallon organic milk for 1.99. Total was only .88 because of overage from a double coupon.
4. Sonny Boy and I finally finished up a tub of quick oats and a box of oatmeal packets from the stockpile.
5. Re-worked our budget and sat down with DH to show him the changes. He recently got a raise, so we needed to reflect that and decide where the extra money is going to go, savings and bill-wise.
6. All lights were off until dusk(it came early with the cloudy day today) and before Sonny and I left to do errands, I made sure everything was turned off. I also made sure that anything that didn’t need to be plugged in was unplugged.