Ok, let’s see if I can recap for the past 3 days. Should be interesting:
1. Saturday, I went out to get a few last minute items for the cook out at Mom’s the next day. I got more free BBQ sauce, .29 relish, .99 pack of OM beef dogs, and 2 free bags of lays chips. I also used up my 15.00 of catalinas and got more ground beef at 1.99/lb and 2 nice lean london broils at 1.29/lb. Total after coupons and catalinas was 2.11.
2. I was planning on making a big breakfast sunday morning, so saturday night I made Portuguese sweet bread in the bread maker. I usually don’t like the way bread comes out when it’s completely made in the machine, but this bread was heavenly! I used it for cinnamon toast the next morning.
3. Saturday night, hubby and I watched one of our favorite movies in our DVD collection while enjoying libations :o). I didn’t feel like cooking, so we had leftovers.
4. Also on saturday, I made 2 pasta salads with items completely from my stockpile. I’ll post pictures and ingredients later in the week.
5. I got through 3 of my free magazines saturday afternoon.
6. TV and lights were kept off all day saturday until the evening.
7. Sonny did more drawing on our leftover newspaper.
8. After Hubby went to bed saturday, I decided to cut up more coupons and file them.
9. The breadmaker and dishwasher weren’t turned on until off peak hours.
10. Sunday, I treated the family to a big breakfast. We had cinnamon toast, blueberry waffles, scrambled eggs, grits, and turkey bacon. All from my stockpile :o)
11. Sunday was the cook out and I was able to bring over to my mom’s: 2 bags of chex mix, 1 bag of doritos, 1 bag of lay’s chips, 2 bottles of BBQ sauce, 1 bottle of hot sauce, 2 12-packs of soda, 2 packs of chinet plates, and 1 box of trash bags. I also bought over the 2 pasta salads. We had a great time and ate way too much.
12. Sunday night, I couldn’t get to sleep, so I did a quick trip to my 24 hour CVS up the street. .05 OOP and 21.99 back in ECBs. I posted about it below.
13. Today, we weren’t too frugal. It was pretty much a veg-out day….I slept in, Hubby cruised the internet and Sonny watched a few of his favorite shows and played with his trucks.
14. Sonny and I did run out to CVS today. I had ECBs on my second card that expired yesterday! I went in to see my favorite manager and she let me do a deal today with the expired 10.00 ECB. I got a free gallon of milk and got back 9.97 in ECBs. Not bad for expired money lol!
15. Hubby gave kitty a bath today! I am horrible at doing it, so I beg him to do it. He’s also going to give Sonny a haircut today. I’ll brush kitty and clip his nails tonight. By doing these things ourselves, we save about 75 dollars every time.
16. Tonight, I’m going to take the salmon burger we got from mom’s last night, use the leftover grits from yesterday morning, an egg and some spices and make salmon croquettes. We’ll have some of the pasta salad along with it.
17. Looks like I might have sold one of my textbooks from last semester. That’s another 30 dollars for the house!
18. The dishwasher won’t be turned on until off-peak hours.