I kept forgetting to do this update! Great start, right? Well, let’s condense it into all the things I did this weekend!
1. I finished up my April grocery shopping on saturday. I ended up only spending 26 dollars for everything I needed. This included a whole turkey breast on sale for .88 a pound, a dozen eggs, 3 pounds of purina cat food for .49 after coupon, organic salad in a bag on clearance and a big bunch of carrots on clearance. I also stocked up a bit on pull ups since I realized that we have NO STOCKPILE of diapers. I even got free bertolli pasta sauce after coupon. It was a good trip :o)
2. I went through my HBA stockpile and my food stockpile and listed what I will have to stock up on if there is a deal this month, and what I can do without. I need deals on pull ups, ketchup, BBQ sauce, TP, bread flour, wheat flour, olive oil, sugar, juice, and feminine products(I know….gasp!). I will be making the items on this list my top priority when looking at the sales.
3. I made pizza for dinner Saturday night and decided to use the oven temperature to make treats for my blog buddies I’m meeting up with today. They have no idea :o)
4. I also made another pizza crust so I don’t have to worry about it next Friday.
5. Even though we as a family are not eating out this month, I am going to brunch with some buddies today. I pulled the savings I put aside for the brunch. I decided to start putting a couple of dollars aside once we decided to get together officially.
6. I washed all of my winter clothes and put them away. I also did this for Hubby’s clothes. This way we aren’t washing clothes that are too heavy for the current weather, wasting our quarters at the apartment laundry facility.
7. All comforters were washed and put away as well. The lighter throws were pulled out.
8. All of Sonny’s winter clothes were washed and packed to take to the consignment shop. We’ll see how much I get for them.
9. All lights were kept off until dark.
10. Checked my e-mail and opened 30 points of mypoints e-mails.
11. Went through my gift tote and realized that I now have more than enough for my mother’s day gift baskets and my sister’s graduation present. I still need to finish up my father’s day gifts.
12. Put together another karma box to place in the laundry area at my complex.