Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Zicam, although all tips and experiences listed are my own.
Who has time to get sick this holiday season? Not I, said the blogger! Between making holiday cookies, creating new recipes and crafts for the blog, and running my run to track practices and meets, I have no time for laying in bed with a cold. Each year, I take extra precautions and overdose on vitamin C, but I still end up needing some type of extra help when I do get that one cold that wrecks our schedule.
There are only a few things that we keep stockpiled in our home, and Zicam is on that short list. It works fast and doesn’t leave me feeling lethargic and useless to mankind. My new favorite love are the Zicam® RapidMelts, since I can take them on the go, as soon as I feel that pre-cold hit. What’s a Pre-Cold®. Check it out on Zicam’s website.
Here are a few other things that I do when I know I don’t have time to get sick:
- Drink hot water with honey and lemon. If you want a little more flavor, grab a bag of green tea and add it to the mix.
- Have orange slices for breakfast with said drink mixture from above.
- Clean all the doorknobs and remotes in our home. Germs love to lurk on both of these items, especially in the winter.
- Exercise. It boosts your immune system, and if you are feeling tired, it will give you some extra energy for the day.
- Clean out our car. If your family is like mine, you spend a ton of time in the car. Germs can stay stagnant in that small metal box for a long time. Clean it up and let in some fresh air when driving from time to time.
- Eat! I find that if I have a hearty meal, especially during lunch, I get over colds quickly and easily.
- Sleep. Get 8 to 9 hours when you feel like you may be getting sick.
By taking these steps, you can continue to seize the day, and get holiday stuff done. To help you in your quest, Zicam is going to have a twitter party! Zicam and the FrugalCrew will be teaming up to share ways to stay healthy this holiday season and how you can Seize The Day by winning $1,000 on their Facebook Page! We’ll be giving away prizes and useful information. RSVP below to be eligible to win one of our Twitter party prizes and we’ll see you Tuesday night!
When: Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Where: On Twitter!
Time: 8pm Eastern Standard Time
Prizes: 3 Zicam prize packs and one $50 Visa Gift Card
Requirements to win: Follow Zicam and 4 Hats and Frugal on twitter, RSVP via the linky below (for link, put in the link to your twitter handle).