Thank you to Disney Studios for the invitation to attend an all expense paid trip to D23 Expo, and write about The Muppets season premiere.
There are those few times in life when you get to see the stars of your favorite childhood shows in real life. At D23 Expo last month, I was able to watch The Muppets in living color.
The Muppets panel was not only amazing, it was hilarious. We were able to watch the magic of “muppeteering” and learning about the storyline behind The Muppets, which premieres Tuesday September 22nd on ABC.
From Rowlf to Pepe (my favorite) and Animal, we cackled at their interactions on stage. It was a great appetizer to the show. The Muppets is a mockumentary type show, where we are taken backstage of Miss Piggy’s new show Up Late With Miss Piggy. Thanks to Disney Studios, I was lucky enough to view the premiere episode of The Muppets, and while I can’t tell you the whole plot (that wouldn’t be any fun), I can tell you a few things you should watch out for tonight:
- Rizzo’s costumes. You’re going to snort-laugh.
- Scooter and Elizabeth Banks on a back-lot tour. Scooter throws some major shade at Elizabeth, and I couldn’t stop laughing!
- Fozzie Bear’s new girlfriend. If you thought love was hard enough, you’re going to be very interested in this pair-up.
- Denise, Kermit’s new girlfriend. She’s southern, has a cute little nose, and…pretty hot for a pig. Yeah, I said it.
- The Electric Mayhem and Imagine Dragons. Music at its finest.
If these little hints don’t excite you about the premiere, I don’t know what will. As David Goelz said during The Muppets panel, Kermit only made one big mistake as the show runner for his ex-girlfriend’s show: hiring his friends. Ha!
Be sure to connect with them on social media: