Do you have found memories of certain meals? When I think of nights in, eating my favorite Chinese food, I think of orange chicken.
There are so many ways to make this classic dish, but orange chicken with stir fry vegetables is a healthier way to get it on the dinner table.
We used to order lots of different dishes from our local Chinese food place, but I’m sure most of them weren’t the best for our diets. This right here, friend? This is good eating without the guilt.
Easy Chicken Dish with Easy Steps
If the health factor wasn’t enough, the steps to make this recipe are simple to accomplish. It’s as easy as browning up 2 packs of Perdue Harvestland diced chicken breasts. And as a Perdue Farms ambassador, I always have some Perdue Farms chicken on hand for quick meals.
The other steps are just as easy. Add in garlic (my favorite), soy sauce, honey and oil.
Use Clementines Instead
My favorite ingredient? Clementines! Most of the orange chicken recipes online use navel oranges or store-bought orange juice, but clementines is the secret to making this recipe so delicious.
As a mom of 3, I always have clementines in the home, so this is makes orange chicken a go-to meal for us.
Ready for the recipe? Here you go!
Orange Chicken with Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1lb cubed Perdue Farms chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 fresh clementines
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package, 8 oz, frozen stir fry vegetables
- Place oil and chicken into a skillet and heat on medium until chicken is browned.
- Slice clementines in half and place into a handheld citrus juicer.
- Add half of clementine and juice into the pan with chicken. Add soy sauce, honey, garlic, and salt and mix well. Add the zest of 1 clementine as well.
- Heat on medium heat, for two minutes.
- Stir in vegetables and heat for an additional 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and hot. Serve immediately.