There is nothing better than a sheet pan dinner. When it’s a sheet pan chicken dinner, it makes life even better.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Perdue Farms. This post contains affiliate links.
I don’t know what it is about the combination of boneless skinless chicken breast, potatoes, and lemon that makes cold weather months so much better. Is it the citrus? Maybe.
But, this recipe combines the best ingredients that our bodies crave when the temperature drops. It’s also an easy weeknight meal, since it’s cooked on a sheet pan, and in 30 to 35 minutes.
We tend to have lots of citrus in the house during the fall and winter, since they are in season. We’ve made orange chicken with mandarin oranges, and this lemon chicken recipe is another new favorite.
Can we talk about these tiny potatoes?! I have 2 kids that aren’t big on eating potatoes, but when I serve them these tiny potatoes, they are all about it.
They get tossed in the olive oil, lemon, and seasonings that we spread onto the chicken breast. Le yum. Plus, asparagus is a vegetable all 3 of my kinds enjoy. This recipe is obviously a win-win.
The liquid gold you spread onto the chicken is key to the deliciousness of this recipe. All of the ingredients are budget-friendly, and probably in your pantry right now.
To make this easier, and even healthier, we use Perdue Farms organic chicken. Now that Perdue Farms has an e-commerce site, it’s so much easier for us to keep organic meat in the house (and stick to your grocery budget).
Friends. This sheet pan chicken recipe is a no-brainer. You have to give it a go this month. When you do, come back and tell us how much you loved it!
Lemon Sheet Pan Chicken With Asparagus
serves 4/cook time: 35 minutes
There is nothing better than a sheet pan dinner. When it’s a sheet pan chicken dinner, it makes life even better. This Chicken Lemon Asparagus Sheet Pan Dinner is an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound small potatoes (or 1/2″ potato cubes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (vegetable oil will work, too)
- 2 fresh lemons (or 1/4 cup lemon juice)
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking pan with foil.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken and asparagus in a single layer on the pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, juice of lemon, lemon zest, minced garlic, salt, oregano, rosemary and mix well.
- Take 2 tablespoons of liquid mixture, and place in small bowl.
- Use a pastry or grill brush to brush the small amount on chicken and asparagus.
- With remaining oil mixture in large bowl, add potatoes and toss well to evenly coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1152mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 38g