The everything bagel seasoning we keep seeing in stores either gives people excitement or anxiety. McCormick everything bagel seasoning, Trader Joe’s seasoning, and now even ALDI everything bagel seasoning. But can we get some everything bagel seasoning recipe ideas?
After scouring the internet and online groups, I created the ultimate list. Here are some meal and snack ideas to help you use up that everything bagel seasoning sitting in your pantry.
Let’s Talk ALDI Spices
ALDI is definitely stepping up their game when it comes to spices. We recently reviewed the ALDI buffalo sauce seasoning, and we love seeing that an everything bagel seasoning is now available. Huzzah! More ALDI special buys!
The quality of the ALDI spices are getting better and better, and ALDI nerds everywhere are praising the new Stonemill everything bagel seasoning. The price tag was a bit steep for us — $1.95 a bottle – but there are quite a few ways to use it up.
Here are some of the meal ideas being shared all over the web.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe Ideas
Salad seasoning. You can either sprinkle it directly on your leafy greens, or shake it on top of the chopped chicken (or pork) placed on top of the lettuce.
Baked protein. Many people mentioned sprinkling the seasoning on top different protein options. Most can be baked, and some can even be eaten raw (like avocado and high quality tuna) Here’s a quick list:
- Chicken breast
- Blue Fin tuna (fancy!)
Vegetable Options! One of the coolest ideas I saw was filling your celery with cream cheese, and sprinkling the ALDI everything bagel seasoning in top. Others steam their vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, and then shake some everything bagel seasoning on top. Genius!
Other vegetable ideas for everything bagel seasoning:
- sauteed spinach
- green beans
- brussel sprouts
Roasted Potatoes. This should be a given, right? I envision tossing baby potatoes with oil and everything bagel seasoning, roasting in the oven, then topping them with sunny side up eggs. Oh man, that sounds like a delicious breakfast or dinner!
On top of rice. Another simple but genius idea. If rice is a big staple in your meal planning, this will take it up a notch.
Popcorn topper. As a popcorn addict, I always love coming up with new popcorn recipes to enjoy. This spoke to me. I actually shook some of the everything bagel seasoning on top of the ALDI Simply Nature Sea Salt Popcorn.
Sweet baby Jesus, was that a great snack! I haven’t tried it on freshly popped popcorn yet, but the ALDI community says it’s an amazing experience.
Everything Bagel Seasoning Breakfast Ideas
All kinds of eggs. From hard-boiled eggs, to scrambled eggs, and sunny side up eggs, everyone is putting everything bagel seasoning on their eggs. It totally makes sense. It’s an easy and quick way to add flavor.
Everything bagel seasoning butter. OK, this is pretty cool. Put a stick of room temperature butter in a bowl. Add in your everything bagel seasoning. Mush together (that’s a totally technical chef term).
You can either place the spread in the fridge as is, or turn it back into a roll of butter with parchment paper. Spread it on grilled meats or veggies. Le yum.
English muffins with cream cheese. An ALDI nerd said they spread cream cheese on a toasted English muffin, then sprinkle a little seasoning on top. Sounds good!
Avocado toast. I feel like this is a given. Take it to the next level and use that English muffin mentioned above. You fancy.
The Full List of Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe Ideas
OK, OK. Enough chatting. Let’s make a full list of all the things you can do with the ALDI everything bagel seasoning, or any everything bagel seasoning you find in the store. Ready?
- celery sticks filled with cream cheese
- baked chicken breasts
- rotisserie chicken
- baked chicken drumsticks
- slow cooker chicken breasts
- slow cooker chicken drumsticks
- hard-boiled eggs
- scrambled eggs
- sunny side up eggs
- deviled eggs
- seasoning in ground beef
- seasoning in ground turkey
- seasoning in ground chicken
- sprinkled on popcorn
- seasoning on a whole roasted chicken
- salad topper
- on top of rice cakes with cream cheese
- over fried rice
- cottage cheese
- chicken wing dry rub
- topping on stovetop mac and cheese
- baked salmon
- any baked fish
- seasoning in tuna fish
- on top of tuna steaks
- mixed with imitation crabmeat
- roasted pork loin
- pan fried pork chops
- everything bagel seasoning soft pretzels! The soft pretzels from ALDI are AWESOME
- cowboy sushi
- cabbage and noodles dinner
- kielbasa and noodles dinner
- over sliced cucumbers
- over sliced watermelon (yup, try it!)
- fried potatoes
- steamed broccoli
- steamed mixed veggies
- steamed California blend frozen veggies (ALDI version is pretty good)
- sprinkled over steam spaghetti squash
- everything bagel seasoning hummus – yum!
- everything bagel roasted chickpeas
- baked potatoes
- baked sweet potatoes
- roasted potatoes
- roasted cauliflower
- roasted carrots
- roasted brussel sprouts
- roasted zucchini
- sauteed spinach
- sauteed green beans
- sauteed mushrooms
- sauteed asparagus
- everything bagel roasted chickpeas
- chicken salad
- homemade butter spread
- sandwich spread – mix with mayonnaise, cream cheese or miracle whip
- as a breadcrumb seasoning – use to make chicken tenders or in meatloaf
- on top of grilled burgers
- over plain greek yogurt
- inside grilled cheese
- On the outside of grilled cheese (makes it super crunchy!)
- baked pita seasoning
- everything bagel dip – mix with cream cheese and sour cream
- Toasted English muffin with cream cheese
- everything bagel pizza dough
- sprinkle in breakfast burritos
- potato pancakes
- as a hamburger steak seasoning
- brush homemade dinner rolls with butter and sprinkle seasoning on top
- add to potato salad
- sprinkled into hot link bbq packets for camping
- everything bagel chex mix!
- sprinkle on top of creamy soups
- sprinkle over warm potato chips (if you’ve never warmed your chips in the microwave, do it!)
Wow. That is one intense list. I hope these everything bagel seasoning recipe ideas will help you enjoy this fun option to making your regular meals spectacular.