This is a sponsored post on behalf of Perdue Farms.
We’ve always had a love for ground beef and pasta recipes, since they are cheap and easy to make. This creamy beef pasta skillet is sure to be your family’s favorite once they try it.
I have to admit, I collect ground beef recipes because it seems to be the protein all 3 kids enjoy. I can use it to make lots of delicious concoctions, and no one gets tired of it. Praise be!
This recipe is one you can make when you need to use up items in the fridge. Have some tomatoes on the verge of turning? Make creamy beef pasta.
Used heavy cream for a recipe, and now you don’t know what to do with the rest? Creamy beef pasta to the rescue! At least, that’s how I view this recipe.
Use What You Have On Hand
The tomato can be replaced with peppers, or you can just add them to the mix. It’s so versatile! Having a base of cheesy ground beef makes this one of those recipes you can alter to fit your family’s favorites (and whatever is in the fridge at the moment).
Getting Serious About Ground Beef
Since it’s a big part of our monthly meal plan, I’ve been working on using the best quality ground beef. We get Niman Ranch ground beef in our Perdue Farms order every month now, and I can definitely taste the difference in the product. This is one small step towards eating better quality, without having to sacrifice our grocery budget.
The Niman Ranch Ground Beef bundle is currently 29.99 on the Perdue Farms website! Grab it now, and start your stockpile of quality ground beef in the freezer. If you use my vanity link, you’ll get 15% off your order. If you order over $119 in product, you’ll also get FREE shipping. Pretty cool, right? Here’s my direct to the ground beef bundle: Amiyrah’s Perdue Farms Ambassador Link
Easy Ingredients And Simple Steps
Let’s not mess around with this. With such easy ingredients, this ground beef pasta recipe has to be just as simple, right? Right. Let me show you.
Bring a pot to a boil, then add your penne. I used whole wheat penne to take it to the next level, but you can use whatever pasta you have on hand.
Chop a medium white onion. You can use yellow onion as well, but the white onion compliments the cheese sauce a bit better. Did I just mention cheese sauce? Mmmhmm. I did.
After adding ground beef to the skillet, add garlic powder and cayenne to the ground beef.
Brown up the Niman Ranch ground beef until it’s almost cooked through.
Add the onion, and stir together.
Add the cooked pasta to the ground beef and mix together. Don’t get rid of the pasta pot! You’ll use it in the next step.
Add the cubed cheese to the pasta pot, then cover with the heavy cream. Stir constantly until the cheese sauce comes together.
Pour the sauce on top of the ground beef and pasta, and stir. You guys. Look at that cheesy ground beef pasta! Yum!
Add the tomatoes, and gently stir. Serve it up and enjoy! You can even top it with more diced onion for a little bite.
Want the full recipe? Check it out below.
Creamy Beef Pasta Skillet
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 lb. Niman Ranch 80/20 ground beef
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ of one white onion, diced
- 1 8 ounce block cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 pt heavy whipping cream
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the whole wheat pasta, and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, add ground beef to a large skillet pan. Season beef with the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-high heat. When beef is almost done cooking, add the ½ diced onion, reserving a tbsp to top the pasta at the end of cooking. Cook onion until slightly transparent, and ground beef is browned. While the beef is cooking, dice the roma tomatoes, and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, and add to the ground beef skillet. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add the cubed cheese to the pot used to cook the pasta. Pour the heavy whipping cream over the cheese cubes, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. The whipping cream scorches easily, so it’s important to continuously stir. Once the cheese sauce is completely melted, pour over the pasta and ground beef in the large skillet pan. Stir well to mix all ingredients together.
- Add the roma tomatoes to the skillet, reserving two tablespoons. Gently mix the tomatoes into the pasta, just enough to incorporate. Top the pasta with the reserved onions and tomatoes, and serve.