This post contains affiliate links.
This Easy Honey Soy Chicken dinner is made in no time with the Ninja Foodi Deluxe, and is a great way to get started on your healthy living routine for the year!
We’re big fans of easy recipes in our home. The big bonus is when the recipe is not only easy, but quick and healthy.
Quick and Easy Asian Chicken For Busy Weeknights
Working from home doesn’t mean I have more time to create a weeknight meal. Sometimes, I’m just as busy (or busier) than when I worked outside of the home.
This meal is made in the Ninja Foodi Deluxe, which means I can set it, let it cook, and serve when we’re ready to sit around the table.
The Ninja Foodi Deluxe makes this so simple for me to get dinner together during one of my work breaks.
Perdue Farms makes it even easier since I can place 2 packages of Perdue Farms Fresh Cuts Chicken Breast Strips in the Ninja Foodi, with a few other ingredients. Did I mention you can use frozen chicken strips for this recipe?
Pre-made Ingredients Make This A Breeze
The other time-saving ingredients I use in this recipe are baby carrots and pre-cut broccoli florets.
I usually cut my own carrots when I have time, but this recipe is all about getting a quick, healthy meal on the table. Bagged baby carrots help make that meal happen in no time.
Broccoli is one of the vegetables all 3 of my kids enjoy, so I use it whenever I can. What’s great is the broccoli is steamed in the Ninja Foodi at the end of the recipe, so they stay bright green and delicious.
Why The Ninja Foodi Saves Our Busy Weeknights
- Combines the best of pressure cooking and air frying all in one pot.
- TenderCrisp™ Technology combines the best of pressure cooking and air frying all in one nonstick pot to quickly lock in juices and swap lids for a golden, crispy finish.
- Use the pressure lid to pressure cook, steam, slow cook, or sear/sautéyour meals.
- Use the crisping lid to air crisp, air fry bake/roast, and broil your food
- 9 functions: Pressure Cook, Air Fry/Air Crisp, Steam, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Sear/Sauté, Bake/Roast, Broil, Dehydrate.
- Deluxe Reversible Rack lets you steam and broil, as well as TenderCrisp™up to 8 chicken breasts at once or add servings to layered 360 meals.
- These functions allow you tocreate endless meal options for the family.
- Precision Cook Control manages bottom heating element to precisely cook food.
- Don’t Constantly Monitor:People want to make a lot of food and make it fast & well without having to constantly monitor.
- Busy lifestyles that dictate the need for quick and easy family meals that don’t sacrifice flavor or aesthetics.
Want to see how simple this Asian Chicken dinner is? Below is the full recipe for you to use.
Easy Asian Chicken Dinner
- Prep: 5 Minutes
- Cook: 11 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
- Approx Pressure Build: 10 minutes
- Pressure Release: Natural 6 minutes
- 2 packages Perdue Farms Fresh Cuts Chicken Breast Strips
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 2/3 cups soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- Add the frozen chicken and baby carrots into the pot of the Ninja Foodi Deluxe.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the next 8 ingredients. Pour the liquid mix over the chicken and carrots.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to high (HI). Set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Place deluxe reversible rack on top of the chicken and carrots. Put broccoli florets on top of the rack.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select STEAM and set the time to 1 minute. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Quick-release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove the lid when the unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Carefully add steamed broccoli to the chicken mixture underneath. Shred chicken, or serve as full tenders.